An open letter to Jeffery Imm, from Dan Roodt
Dear Mr. Imm,

Read more »
You probably know as little about me as I do about you, living on different sides of the planet. However, I was one of the invited speakers to the American Renaissance conference that had to be cancelled after you and other left-wing groups had harassed the hotels concerned.
I was practically on my way to the airport for the 19-hour flight from Johannesburg to Washington when I had received Jared Taylor’s e-mail informing me that the conference had finally been cancelled, with the Capitol Skyline Hotel also succumbing to pressure from yourselves.
As an Afrikaner from South Africa, I am totally astonished at your behaviour and that you even seem to boast about having prevented the biannual AR “conversation about race” from taking place. Did your own president, Barack Obama, not call for a “conversation about race” shortly after taking office?
Americans are privileged to live in a country with a Constitution guaranteeing freedom of speech by means of the First Amendment. Why would you want to undermine that principle by threatening hotels in Washington with boycotts, “shaming” and even death threats?
On your website you state your opposition to “fundamentalism” as presumably practised by some Muslims. However, what about race fundamentalism?
Your opposition to any rational debate on race reminds me of the Spanish Inquisition or Stalin’s Russia, where only one set of ideas could be publicly or even privately expressed. Your intolerant, left-fascist attitude affects not only the free discussion of political ideas, but also science, morality, history and international relations. If it were to become universal, humanity would go back to the Dark Ages where anyone voicing dissent from opinions held by the masses – or the mass media – would be persecuted.
No comments:
Post a Comment