Letters by Henri Le Riche, Amnesty
& Dr. Stanton, Genocide Watch

Dear Amnesty International,Read more »
As a member of Amnesty International, the UNPO.org and a minority member myself,
I am writing in regard about Amnesty International security report (PDF) of South Africa.
I specifically refer to the report leaving out human rights abuses taking place against Afrikaner farmers. It seems like Amnesty International is tip-toeing around these issue with "politically correct tap-dancing" shoes, or because of not accessing the correct channels,which is the victims themselves. Either way I hope that I can help in allowing Amnesty International to access the true information regarding these issues as am in a position to do so.
This is specifically about the farmers, the white minority of South Africa, being targeted and clear human rights abuses taking place, including government areas, to try and determine why this is not getting the attention it deserves. There are hate crimes committed against farmers in South Africa. Black famers are also sometimes victims, but the brutality is specific against the minority Afrikaner farmers as they represent about 6 to 8% of the population.
I hope you can help me determine the following in order for me to try and find out why this important information is not taking seriously by Amnesty International?
I would like to know who the Amnesty Internationals investigators are that set up these reports, and also which local human rights groups they visit to gather this information. I would like to contact them directly. I would appreciate your help in giving me answers to this as it will help me determine why the correct information is not channeled through. For instance. Have these investigators spoken to organisations representing the minority to find out what is really happening, or did they go to organisations actually more concerned with issues relating to the human rights issues affecting the majority, and look after majority rights issues? In other words, Government sponsored 'human rights organisations'?
No comments:
Post a Comment