Jim Carrey: I love you baby.
Ewan McGregor: I love you too.
grade: 5/7 (go see it!)
So I just saw the movie "I love you Phillip Morris". Great movie. Sort imagine the movie "Catch me if you can" but replace Leonardos character with a gay Jim Carey(!). Yes. Jim Carey plays a gay person in this movie.
And the object of his eye is Ewan McGregor. No I am not kidding. And what is even more amazing you get to see these two characters performing all kinds of sex with each other. And not only in a loving way, but also a bit.. hmm.. how do I put this nicely.... ? HARDCORE banging.
I don't really know what the politically correct thing to say here without hurting the feelings of the gay community, but I sort of get the feeling that gay people don't care what people say about them. (I could be wrong).
Anyway, the point is, there explicit scenes in this movie that I don't believe I have even seen between hetero people in other romantic movies. And its sort of like the directors are making fun of gay people, by making them into sex craving maniacs.
But I feel im getting off point(as usual). The story is about a guy (Jim Carey) who is basically a manipulate liar who does anything to get what he wants in life. And one day he discovers that he is in fact gay. Entering the gay community he realizes that it is rather expensive to be gay. And so he does all kinds of money snatching hatches, that makes it possible for him to support his boyfriend. Eventually he meets the love of his life (in prison), and its Ewan McGregor.
For there on out, its basically a entertaining "catch me if you can- part 2".
Do I recommend the movie? Yes by all means. Very interesting mix of humor, gay-sex, romance and exciting prison breaks (lots of them). I really feel impressed with Jim Carey and Ewan McGregor for being able and open minded enough to kiss each other and pretend to have oral sex and what not.
I consider myself a good actor, but kissing another man to create art. That would be something that I would find extremely hard to do (unless of course the other male actor would be Pete Doherty).
Don't ask...
don't tell!!
Here is a trailer for the movie. Enjoy.
Technorati-taggar: gay,jim carey,ewan mcgreggor,I love you Phillip morris,review,sex scenes,sequel to catch me if you can
No comments:
Post a Comment