My review of the
Samsung
WB 2000
I hope you like it.
Okey, you have seen some of the pictures on my blog. So you know the quality is good. Have you seen my videos? You know the video quality is superb also.
But how is the camera in general.
I will be honest. Being a expert, having so many cameras and doing photo edits for so many years, I have to try to make this a readable review. In other words, it is not going to be that technical.
The features:
- 10,2 MP Schneider Kreuznach lens.
- 24 mm wide angle.
- full HD (1080p) video recording
- 60 fps video (720p)
- 1000 fps(!!!) small videos however.
- Smart auto (basically HDR)
The good things about it:
+ the lens is 24mm wide, meaning that when you take pictures, you don't have to stand back that far. The camera captures most.
+ the Full HD (1080p) quality is superb. The best I have seen in these pocket cameras.
+ two analogs showing battery and space left on memory card.
+ the samsung wheel system works great.
+ the 3,0 inch screen looks great (yes, it is amoled)
+ the possibility to take pictures while shooting a video.
+ the panorama function works superb!!
+ Raw function
- No mic out (can't attach a microphone to it, when doing videos.)
- The manual control is tricky. Not easy to manually control your photos.
- the battery needs a lot of hours to fully charge.
- the high speed 1000FPS videos need a lot of light to work. and its to bad that the videos can't have bigger resolution. But during the summer I think you could use the feature with great results.
- during filming the zooming can be heard, and be quite annoying.
- the flash is a bit to bright.
- the smart auto (HDR) could have been better.

Conclusion:
If you want to be able to take fast good pictures, and be able to shoot 1080p (full HD) videos, and also being able to keep it in the pocket, then yes, this is the camera to use.
It is not a SLR camera (System camera), and the manual controls are not as good as expected. But the auto (HDR) mode is really sharp. You can take night pictures without flash, and get away with it. :)
Some features are really great, but others, like the 1000FPS video function is really bad. However, the the full HD video mode, which is the main reason I bought it, is great. I miss the possibility to add a microphone, but the internal speakers are okay.
I like that the camera has a raw function (I never use it however). And I love the Panorama function. Really awesome feature. works great.
It has some cool video filters, but at the expense of lowering quality on the video. The format of the files are great. I can't really complain. This camera works for my needs, since the video function was the most important one.
It did not blow my mind, since I found some of the features disturbingly unfinished. But they work. Can't really say that anything on this product is defected. I'm just saying, they could have impressed me more.
I recommend this product. Especially if you want a small video cam gadget that can even take cool pictures.
ps.
By the way, I wanted to ask my readers to do me a huge favor. There is a "facebook fanpage", and if you like this blog, please click on it. It is sort of a way for me to see if people like the blog or not.

Technorati-taggar: Samsung WB 2000,review,24 mm wide angle,full HD (1080p) video recording,samples,1000 fps,HDR,60 fps video,panorama function,system camera,pocket camera,cam corder,Raw,3,0 inch,amoled,Schneider kreuznach,video filter


No comments:
Post a Comment