my hearing.
when I was a child I had bad hearing. But it was not that bad and I
didnt require any help for it.
But now I am older, and my hearing is worse than ever.
You see, I had to adapt to my bad hearing. I live a life where I
rarely hear, and I have analyse expressions and everything I can to
understand what people are telling me. And this takes a lot of energy.
But a hearing kit is somehow not the same kind of handicap as poor
eyesight. you see someone with glasses usually you dont even think
about it as a handicap because most people have glasses. You certainly
never think that a person is blind just because of the glasses. But
when you see someone with a ear piece, you usually think that the
person is deaf, right?
So this is a terrible putdown on my professional and social image.
I can hear the funny lines allready. "Tommy, put your earpiece in!"
Maybe it is all in my head, but with all due respect. that is where i live.
No comments:
Post a Comment