Its not easy to assemble the best rap songs ever. Consider that some songs, like Eminems "loose yourself" is indeed something that should be included, however I have listened to it so many times, that I can't stand it anymore. I want to add to the record that for this test I have studied 50 nominated rap songs!!
Now the songs on my list below are songs that I have listened for so many times, that a couple of guiness records are broken. But they are still considered the best. That is the test that these songs endure.
Before you read the list. I want you to know, that in general, these lists are kind of stupid, since taste is taste. There is no science behind taste. This is my personal reflection over the best rap songs ever recorded in the history (as far as MY life is concerned!).
Hope you enjoy!
Hope you enjoy!
01 The Gangsta, the killa and the dope dealer (Westside Connection)
This is the number one rap song. Early 90's. Great beat, great rhymes. It is hard and really "gangsta." If there is only one rap song that should unite all rappers and fans, it is this song.
02 You don't know (50 cent, Eminem, Cashis and Lloyd Banks)
Eminems Re-Up album was so underrated, one of the best rap records out there. Really a good mix of new kinds of hip hop sounds. This song is one of the best tracks ever recorded.
03 Ice ice baby (Vanilla Ice)
You know... I don't get it. Why are people so hateful towards the artist known as Vanilla Ice. This song is a sublime and pure rap song. Great beat. Sure the outfits had nothing to do with hip hop, but the song it self is great. I don't understand why Winkel went around and apologized for this song. He made millions, he made a lot of people like hip hop. And I know the entire lyrics by heart.
04 No apologies (Eminem)
This my favorite Eminem song (also from the Re-up album). Great lyrics. Great beat.
05 Hip hop (Dead Prez)
A classic rap song, that is bound to be included. I like the first rapper better. But in general the song is top notch.
06 Places to go (50 cent)
From the 8 mile soundtrack. My favorite 50 cent song.
07 The way I am (Eminem)
This is sort of the angriest rap song I have ever heard. So much emotion, and the rhythmic device is superb. Really one of his finest tracks. (Marshall mathers LP).
08 2 of americaz most wanted (Tupac feat. Snoop Dog)
Tupac was a great rapper. His death was sort of the end of a era. I remember the day I heard the news he died. It was sad. But this song is top notch beat and lyrics.
09 No Tears (Scarface)
A classic! Enough said.
10 Renagade (Jay-z & Eminem)
The best collaboration song in the rap community in my humble opinion. Great lyrics, and the two rappers work so great together here.
11 Forgot about Dre (dr Dre feat. Eminem)
Great work of rap. The video was great. But the song is much better.
12 Wutang clan ain't nothing to fuck with (Wu tang clan)
a classic. What happened to the Wu tang?
13 Not afraid (Eminem)
Eminem made a turn around with this song. But the video, the shoes... why Eminem?
14 I ain't mad atcha (Tupac)
A briljant rap song that is soft, but effective. Tupac really knew how to put emotion into rap.
15 Money (Bizzy Bone & Twista)
This is the fastest rap song I know. Great and fast rappers. Try to keep up, just try.
16 Eternal (Bone Thugs n' harmony)
I loved the bone thugs. Wish they would have become more successful. But their original sound was great. Like a choir.
17 Soldier (Eminem)
Great rap tune.
18 Right now (Fort Minor)
I put this on my list, because it has amazing lyrics that put a twist to your head when you try to decode the message. Mike Shinoda from Linkin Park is great.
19 Numb/encore( Jay-z and Linkin Park)
Okey, my girlfriend has this song as a signal on her cell phone. Great mix, great lyrics, great beat.
20 Hit em high (Cypress hill, LL cool J, Busta Rhymes)
This is a 90's classic. From the Space jam soundtrack. The video was cool. And I loved the collaboration between some of the finest rappers of the 90's.
Also the rest of the nominated that I recommend:
21 Tupac - Hit em up
22 Dr Dre - Keep their heads ringing
23 Papa Rankins - Gasolina
24 Nas - If I ruled the world
25 Beastie boys - Intergalactic
26 Wu tang clan - Enter the wu tang
27 Beastie boys - check it out
28 Layzie bone - As the rain
29 Nas - the Message
30 Souls of Mischief - 93 til infinity
31 Nelly - Number one
32 Nelly - Coutry Grammar
33 Tupac feat. bone thugs - Thug Love
34 50 cent - P.I.M.P
35 50 cent - 21 questions
36 D12 - Shit on you
37 D12 - Pimp like me
38 Chingy - Mob with me
39 Warren G - Regulators
40 Zaki - I remember
41 Tupac - Im getting money (remix)
42 Bone Thugs - crossroads
43 DMX - Damien (recommend this song!!!)
44 Eminem - Superman
45 Thomas Russiak - Hip hopper
46 Jeremih feat 50 cent - Down on me
47 Kriss Kross - Jump
48 Tupac - dear mama
49 Zig & Zag - Them Girls
50 Tupac - Life goes on
That was my top 20 list of the best rap songs ever.

Technorati-taggar: Eminem,Westside connection,50 cent,dr Dre,Cashis,Lloyd banks,Vanilla Ice,Tupac,Snoop dog,Scarface,jay-z,Wutang clan,Bone thugs,Fort minor,Linkin park,Mike Shinoda,Cypress hill,LL cool J,Busta rhymes,Papa rankins,Nas,Beastie boys,Souls of Mischief,Nelly,D12,DMX,Zaki,Thomas Russiak,Kriss kross,Zig&zag
No comments:
Post a Comment